How to Make Authentic Indian Masala Chai
Indian Masala Chai is a delicious, spiced blend of black tea, ginger, and other spices brewed to perfection. Making it is easy to do and takes less than 10 minutes.
- 2-3 cups of water
- 1 inch of ginger, grated
- 8-10 black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon of cloves
- 2 inch of cinnamon stick
- 2-3 cardamom pods
- 1 teaspoon of black tea leaves (Darjeeling tea or Assam tea)
- 2-3 teaspoons of sugar (optional)
- 1-2 •cup of milk
- Heat 2-3 cups of water in a saucepan.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add all the spices in the saucepan (Grated ginger, black peppercorns, cloves, cinnamon stick, and cardamom pods).
- Allow the spices to boil in the water for around 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Once the spices are boiled, add the tea leaves and sugar (if needed).
- Allow the tea leaves to steep in the water for around 5 minutes.
- Now, add the milk and bring the masala chai to a boil.
- Once the masala chai is boiled, turn off the heat.
- Strain the Masala Chai and serve it hot.
Enjoy a cup of authentic Masala Chai with your friends and family!