How to Make Authentic Indian Masala Chai
Nothing compares to the warm, comforting taste of a homemade cup of Indian Masala Chai. This spicy, milky tea is a centuries-old traditional beverage in India, and it is still as beloved today as it was when it was first introduced. If you would like to learn how to make authentic homemade Indian Masala Chai, then read on for a step-by-step guide on the easiest way to recreate the iconic taste.
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of milk
- 4 teaspoons chai masala, or spice mix
- 8 black tea leaves
- 2 tablespoons of freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- To start, bring the two cups of water to a boil in a medium-sized pot.
- Add the chai masala and stir to combine.
- Add the black tea leaves, ginger, and honey and stir to combine.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the two cups of milk and stir to combine.
- Simmer for an additional 8 minutes.
- Strain the tea carefully into 4 large teacups.
- Serve the chai warm and enjoy!
With these simple steps, you can now make your own homemade Indian Masala Chai! Just remember that the key to getting the authentic flavor is using quality ingredients – and don’t forget to add a bit of love into the mix. Enjoy!