Authentic Indian Masala Chai Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 5 green cardamom pods
- 2 cloves
- 1 (1-inch) cinnamon stick
- 2 tsp. black tea leaves
- 1-2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a medium-sized pot.
- Add the green cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon stick to the boiling water, and stir.
- Add the tea leaves and turn down the heat to low.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring every now and then.
- Strain the masala chai into a cup and add the sugar and milk
- Stir and enjoy your authentic Indian masala chai!