How to Make Authentic Indian Masala Chai?
Indian Masala Chai is a delicious, exotic and comforting tea drink that has been enjoyed in India for centuries. Its fragrant flavor and warm aroma make it a cozy and inviting beverage to enjoy at any time of the day. Here’s how to make this classic Indian tea easily and authentically.
- 1 cup of water
- 2 teaspoons of black tea leaves
- 1 teaspoon of cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ginger
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon of sugar (optional)
- In a pot, bring the water to a boil.
- Add in the black tea leaves, cardamom, ground ginger, cloves, pepper and cinnamon.
- Reduce the heat and let the mixture simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the milk and sugar (if using).
- Continue to let the mixture simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea into a teacup.
- Enjoy your authentic Indian Masala Chai!
Indian Masala Chai is a flavorful and relaxing way to end your day. With its fragrant spices, creamy milk and energizing tea leaves, this classic Indian drink is perfect for any occasion. So, why not whip up a cup today and enjoy all the fragrant flavors of India?