How to Make Authentic Indian Masala Chai
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom (black)
- 4 cloves
- 5 Cardamom (green)
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon (Dalchini)
- 2 teaspoons loose black Tea Leaves
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- Heat the water in a pan. Add cardamom (black), cloves, cardamom (green) and the cinnamon.
- Stir occasionally until the water comes to a rolling boil.
- Now add the tea leaves and sugar. Stir for a minute until the sugar is dissolved into the water.
- Add milk. Stir once and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and let the tea steep for 5 minutes. Strain the tea before serving it.
- You can adjust the amount of sugar to suit your taste.
- If you prefer, you can also use tea bags instead of tea leaves.
- If you like your chai stronger, you can let the tea steep for a longer time.
- You can also adjust the amount/combination of spices to suit your taste.