How to make Authentic Indian Masala Chai
Making traditional Indian Masala Chai at home is incredibly simple – all you need are a few simple ingredients and the right spices. Whether you’re drinking it with breakfast, as a mid-day pick-me-up or as an evening ritual for pleasure and relaxation, this Indian tea is sure to please your taste buds.
- 2 cups of water
- 2 teaspoons of black tea leaves
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 2 cloves
- 2 black peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons of honey or sugar
- Half a cup of milk (optional)
- Place the water in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the black tea leaves, and simmer over low heat for a few minutes.
- Crush the cardamom, ginger, and cloves using a mortar and pestle. Add the crushed spices to the simmering tea, along with the black peppercorns and cinnamon stick.
- Simmer for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the milk (optional) and stir. Simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the honey or sugar to taste.
- Strain the tea and pour it into your cup.
Enjoy your authentic Indian Masala Chai, made in the comfort of your own home!