How to Make Authentic Indian Masala Chai
Indian masala chai is a type of spiced black tea popular in India and other parts of South Asia. It is a flavorful beverage that can be served hot or cold, and can be easily made at home. Here is how you can make your own authentic Indian masala chai:
- Milk – 1 cup
- Tea leaves – 1 teaspoon per cup of tea
- Sugar – 3 teaspoons (or more to taste)
- Masala Chai Masala – 1 teaspoon (or more to taste)
- Bring the milk to a boil. You can do this in a pot on the stovetop or in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add the tea leaves and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and masala chai masala and simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour the chai through a strainer into a cup or mug.
- Enjoy your Authentic Indian Masala Chai!
- You can easily adjust the sweetness and spiciness of the chai to your preference by adjusting the amount of sugar and masala chai masala.
- You can substitute the milk for water if you prefer a more traditional chai.
- You can also add spices such as cardamom and cloves to give your chai an extra kick of flavor.
Authentic Indian masala chai can easily be made at home with just a few simple ingredients and instructions. You can customize the chai to your own preference and enjoy the delicious and warming flavors of this popular beverage. Give it a try – you won’t be disappointed!