How to Make Authentic Indian Masala Chai
- 3 cups of water
- 5 teaspoons of black tea
- 3-4 Tablespoons of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom powder
- 4 crushed cloves
- 1-2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper powder
- 2 teaspoons of ginger julienne
- 3/4 cup of 2% milk
- Place the water and tea in a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Lower the heat and add the cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, pepper, and ginger.
- Let the spices simmer in the tea for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the milk and sugar to the pot and continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes , stirring the mixture occasionally.
- Once the mixture is simmering, take it off heat and strain the tea into cups.
- Enjoy your Authentic Indian Masala Chai!