Making an Authentic Indian Masala Chai
- Water – 2 cups
- Tea Leaves – 1 ½ teaspoons
- Cardamom Pods – 2 or 3
- Ginger, finely chopped – ½ teaspoon
- Cinnamon Sticks – 2
- Cloves – 4 to 5
- Sugar or Honey (optional) – 1-2 teaspoons
- Milk – ½ cup
- Bring the water to a boil in a cooking pot.
- Put all the spices into the pot of boiling water, stirring gently for about one minute.
- Add the tea leaves, stirring for about a minute.
- Add the milk and stir for another one minute.
- Add the sugar or honey, stirring gently until the sugar is dissolved.
- Simmer the chai on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and strain the chai in separate cups.
- Serve the masala chai, with a sprinkle of freshly ground cardamom for an extra touch.
Indian masala chai is a spicy, flavorful beverage that is a part of the Indian culture. It is a wonderful drink to enjoy anytime of year. Making a delicious, authentic masala chai can be easy with the right ingredients and instructions. Follow these instructions to make a delicious cup of masala chai and enjoy!