How to Make Authentic Indian Masala Chai
- 2 cups of water
- 2 teaspoons of black tea leaves
- 1 heaped teaspoon of the masala mixture:
- 2 parts ginger powder
- 2 parts ground green cardamom
- 1 part ground cloves
- 1 part ground cinnamon
- 1 part ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar,or to taste
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- Bring the water to boil in a large pot on the medium-high heat.
- Once the water has started boiling, add the black tea leaves to the pot, mix them in and let the tea steep for no more than 1 minute.
- Add the pre-mixed masala mixture to the tea and stir it in.
- Bring the chai to a boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and milk, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Strain the tea into mug or cups and serve.
Indian Masala Chai is a hot and flavorful beverage that has been enjoyed in India for hundreds of years. Sweet, spicy and absolutely delicious, this aromatic tea is a perfect companion for sweet treats or savory snacks. With its simple ingredients, it is easy to make at home with this easy-to-follow recipe. Enjoy!