How to Make Authentic Indian Masala Chai
Indian Masala Chai is a delicious blend of strong black tea and aromatic spices. Making authentic Masala Chai is easy, but to get it right you need to know the correct steps and ingredients. Here we will explain exactly how to make your own cup of a truly authentic Indian Masala Chai.
Before you start making your Masala Chai, you will need the following ingredients:
- Milk of your choice (2 – 3 cups)
- Tea leaves (3 teaspoons)
- Spices – cardamom (1 teaspoon),
cloves (4-5), cinnamon (2-inch stick), ginger (1 inch)
- Sugar (optional)
- Roughly grind together the cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and ginger into a powder.
- Bring the milk to a boil in a pan and then reduce to a gentle simmer.
- Add the tea leaves and the ground spices to the milk and stir.
- Add sugar to taste (if desired).
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally and crushing the spices at the same time.
- Strain the tea into a cup and add more sugar if needed.
Your authentic Indian Masala Chai is now ready to enjoy. Serve it hot and feel the aroma and flavour that the spices bring. Enjoy!