How to Make Authentic Indian Masala Chai
- 2-3 teaspoons Tea Leaves, preferably Nilgiri Tea leaves
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated Ginger
- 3-4 Petals of Black/Pink Cardamom
- 2-3 Petals of Star Anise
- 2-3 Cloves
- 1/4th teaspoon Black/White Pepper Powder
- 1-2 teaspoons Honey/Jaggery
- 2-3 teaspoons Milk
- 2-3 cups Water
- Mix all the Ingredients: Take a small steel/clay pot and mix all the ingredients into it.
- Boil the mix: Boil the mix on a slow to medium flame, stirring it occasionally.
- Add Milk: Once it comes to a boil and the fragrance starts spreading in the air, add milk and let it cook for about 5-6 minutes.
- Filter it: Once it’s done, strain it in your cup and add more honey or jaggery according to your taste.
- Serve and Enjoy: Serve your homemade Masala Chai along with some snacks or biscuits and relish the authentic taste of Indian Tea.