How to Make Authentic Indian Masala Chai
Craving for that perfect cup of Indian masala chai? This unique tea is full of flavor and aroma thanks to a mix of powerful spices from around the Indian subcontinent. Enjoy a delicious cup of authentic masala chai tea with these simple steps.
- Milk: 1-2 cups
- Black Tea: 1 teaspoon
- Whole Cardamom Pods: 3-4 pods
- Cloves: 2-3 cloves
- Cinnamon: ½ teaspoon
- Ginger: ½ teaspoon (ground)
- Sugar: 1-2 tablespoons of your preference
- Begin by adding the black tea, cardamom pods, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger in a saucepan and heat on low-medium heat.
- Stir for about 1 minute until the spices become fragrant.
- Add the milk and turn up the heat. Stir it often to keep the milk from boiling over.
- Once the milk begins to boil, reduce the heat and allow it to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and strain the tea into a cup. Add sugar to your preference.
- Your masala tea is now ready to be enjoyed!
So there you have it, a delicious and traditional cup of Indian masala chai. Enjoy it on its own as a soothing drink or pair it with some traditional Indian snacks such as samosas, pakoras, or even idli to make a perfect snack pairing. Enjoy!