How To Make Authentic Indian Masala Chai
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Milk (Full Cream)
- 2 tsp Black Tea Leaves
- ¼ tsp Cardamom Powder
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- ½ tsp Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 Cloves
- 1 tsp Caster Sugar (Optional)
- In a small pan, add the water and bring it to a boil.
- Once the water has come to a boil, add the black tea leaves and lower the heat to low-medium.
- Add the cardamom powder, cinamon powder, black pepper and cloves and stir to combine.
- Pour in the milk and stir well to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes or till the desired flavour and strength of tea is reached.
- Strain the tea in a cup and discard the solids. Add sugar (optional) and stir to combine.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Freshly ground spices: For the best flavour, use freshly ground spices, as they add a unique aroma to the tea.
- Use full cream milk: Full cream milk adds a creamy texture and richness to the tea.
- Allow to simmer: Allow the tea to simmer for at least 5 minutes to ensure that the spices have completely infused into the tea.