How to make authentic Indian Masala Chai
Indian masala chai is a beloved beverage steeped in history with a truly simple, yet flavorful recipe. Follow these steps for a delightful cup of tea:
- 2 cups of water
- 2 teaspoons of black tea
- 1 inch of freshly grated ginger
- 2 crushed cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons of honey (or to taste)
- 1 cup of whole milk
- In a pot, bring the water to a boil.
- Add the black tea and stir.
- Add the ginger, cardamom pods, cinnamon stick, and honey and stir.
- Turn down the heat to a low simmer and let it steep for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the milk and stir.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and stir.
- Remove from heat and serve.
That’s all there is to it. Enjoy your cup of Indian masala chai. Sit back and savor the spicy and sweet flavor that has been enjoyed by generations.