How to Make Authentic Indian Masala Chai
Masala chai is a popular beverage in India. It is a spiced tea that can be made with black tea, spices and either milk or water. This recipe will show you how to make a delicious masala chai that is full of flavor.
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons of loose Assam tea
- 2 teaspoons of sugar or honey (to taste)
- 4 cardamom pods
- 4 cloves
- 2 black peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup of milk
- Bring two cups of water to a boil in a pot.
- Add the grated ginger, Assam tea, sugar or honey, cardamom pods, cloves, peppercorns, and cinnamon stick to the water and let it simmer for five minutes.
- Add the cup of milk and let it come to a low boil.
- Strain the tea into cups and serve.
That’s it. Your authentic Indian masala chai is now ready. Enjoy it with some biscuits or cookies. Enjoy!