How To Make Authentic Indian Masala Chai
Masala Chai is a delicious and flavorful spiced tea popular throughout India. It is a beloved beverage, perfect as either an energizing morning drink or a relaxing evening ritual. Here is how to make this delightful beverage.
- Black Tea: 3 tablespoons of loose-leaf black tea or 6 black tea bags
- Water: 4 cups
- Milk: 1 cup
- Sugar: to taste (optional)
- Spices: 2 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks, 12 green cardamom pods, 10 whole cloves, 6 peppercorns, 1 star anise.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a medium-sized pot.
- Add the spices to the boiling water, reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tea and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the milk, and continue simmering for an additional 2 minutes.
- Strain the tea and discard the spices.
- Add sugar to taste, if desired.
- Enjoy your freshly made Masala Chai!
Creating Homemade Masala Chai is an enjoyable and rewarding experience. You can customize the ingredients to suit your own tastes, adding or subtracting your favorite spices. Whether for a special occasion or a cozy night in, make sure to try this delightful, fragrant tea.