How to Make Authentic Indian Masala Chai
If you want to make an authentic chai missing no flavors, Masala chai is the way to go. This type of tea is spicy and perfectly brewed for that comforting warmth and flavor. Here is how to make it.
- 2-3 cups of water
- 1-2 tea bags or 1-2 teaspoon of loose black tea
- 2 cups of freshly boiled unsweetened milk
- 2-3 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- A pinch of ground cloves
- Prepare the Masala – Add all spices like ginger, cardamom, black pepper, cinnamon, and cloves in a bowl and mix them well.
- Boil Water – Boil 2-3 cups of water in a pot or kettle.
- Add Tea – Add 1-2 tea bags or 1-2 teaspoon of loose black tea to the boiling water and let it steep for about 5 minutes.
- Strain the Tea – Strain the tea using a strainer so that there are no tea leaves.
- Add Masala – Now, add the prepared masala to the tea and let it boil for few minutes until the tea is fragrant.
- Add Milk -Add 2 cups of freshly boiled unsweetened milk to the tea.
- Add Sugar – Add sugar to your taste.
- Simmer – Let it simmer for few minutes and turn off the flame.
- Enjoy! -Strain the tea into cups and enjoy the authentic and flavorful masala chai.
Now that you know how to make authentic masala chai, try it yourself and enjoy the exotic aromas and flavors!.