How to Make Basil Tea
Basil tea is a fragrant and delectable tea with many health benefits. It’s easy to make this tea at home with just a few simple ingredients.
Things You’ll Need
- Fresh basil leaves
- Hot water
- Honey (optional)
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Pick fresh basil leaves from the garden or find them at a grocery store. Look for leaves that are dark green and have a fresh scent. Avoid leaves that are wilted or yellowish.
- Wash the basil leaves in water before making tea. This will remove any dirt or debris and will enhance the flavor.
- Put the basil leaves in a teapot or cup. You can use about one teaspoon of leaves for every 8 ounces of water.
- Add boiling water to the teapot or cup. Pour the water over the leaves and let them steep for about five minutes.
- Add honey and lemon juice, if you’d like. These can enhance the flavor of the tea and add a bit of sweetness.
- Pour the tea into a mug or cup and enjoy. You can also add ice to the tea to make it cold.
- You can reuse the same leaves multiple times to make additional cups of tea.
- Basil tea can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- If you want a stronger flavor, use more basil leaves or steep them longer.
Making basil tea can be a great way to relax and enjoy the natural flavor of this tea. With just a few simple ingredients, you can enjoy the health benefits and fresh taste of basil tea.