How to Make Black Tea
- Boil water. Bring a pot of fresh cold water to the boil.
- Measure the Tea. Place one teaspoon of tea leaves into an infuser, per person.
- Steep the tea. Once your water is boiling, pour it into a teapot. Put the infuser with the tea leaves into the pot and let it steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour and Serve. When the tea has reached the desired strength, carefully remove the infuser and strain into cups or mugs. If preferred, add a splash of milk or sugar.
- Try a variety of black teas. Darjeeling, Ceylon and Assam are popular and each have their own distinct flavour.
- Experiment with the steeping time to find the perfect strength for your preference.
- For a more robust, caffeine-rich cup of tea, add an extra teaspoon of leaves.