How To Make Boba Tea Without Tapioca Pearls
Boba tea is a popular Taiwanese drink that can make an ideal snack or dessert. While tapioca pearls are usually associated with boba tea, they can also be made without them. Here is a simple guide on how to make boba tea without tapioca pearls:
What You’ll Need
- Tea leaves – choose your favourite type of tea
- Sugar – white sugar, brown sugar, honey, or any other type of sweetener for taste
- Milk – condensed milk, evaporated milk, almond milk, soy milk, or any other type of milk
- Ice – for a cold and refreshing drink
- Start by brewing the tea leaves. You can do this by steeping the leaves in hot water for several minutes. You can also use a tea bag if you prefer.
- Then add the sweetener of your choice. If you’re using white or brown sugar, you can add it to the warm tea and stir until it’s fully dissolved.
- Next, pour the tea into a glass filled with ice. If you want to make a cold drink, you may also need to add some cold water.
- Finally, add in the milk of your choice. Stir until everything is properly combined and enjoy your boba tea without using tapioca pearls.
- If you want to make a boba tea without tapioca pearls but still want that chewy texture, you can use rice flour or tapioca starch instead.
- If you don’t have time to brew tea, you can always use tea bags or cold, bottled tea.
- You can also use other types of sweeteners such as agave syrup, coconut sugar, or maple syrup.
- Feel free to experiment with different types of tea, sweeteners, and milks. This way, you can find the perfect combination for your taste.
Making boba tea without tapioca pearls is a great way to enjoy the classic Taiwanese drink without having to use any additional ingredients. Just keep in mind the tips mentioned above and feel free to experiment with different combinations of tea, sweetener, and milk. Once you’re done, serve your boba tea over ice and enjoy!