How to Make Butterfly Pea Tea
Butterfly pea tea, also called Blue tea is an herbal infusion made from the flowers of the butterfly pea. It has a deep blue hue and is known for its incredible versatility as it can be used to make blue, purple, pink or purple colored drinks.
- 1 tablespoon of dried butterfly pea flowers
- 1 cup of hot water
- Honey or lemon juice (optional)
- Put the dried butterfly pea flowers in a heatproof cup.
- Pour the hot water over the flowers and cover the cup. Let it steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Strain out any flower pieces and discard.
- Add a sweetener of your choice like honey or lemon juice (optional).
- Pour the tea into a cup and enjoy!
Note: For a more intense blue color, steep the tea for 5 minutes or until the desired hue is reached.