How to Make Canela Tea
Canela tea is a type of herbal tea made with cinnamon bark, often referred to as “Mexican Cinnamon.” It is warm, sweet, and bold with a slight lemony flavor. It is caffeine-free and full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. Canela tea also has a calming and soothing effect, making it a great way to start or end your day. Here’s how to make canela tea:
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cinnamon stick (or ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon)
- Honey (optional)
- Bring two cups of water to a boil in a medium-size pot.
- Add the cinnamon stick and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain the tea into a cup.
- Add honey to taste (optional).
- Enjoy your canela tea!
Canela tea is a wonderfully warming and gentle beverage. If you have difficulty sleeping, try drinking canela tea before bed and it might just become your new night time ritual. Enjoy!