How to Make Chai Concentrate
- 4-5 chai spiced-black tea bags (or 8-10 regular-strength tea bags)
- 2-3 cups of boiled water
- ¾-1 cup of sugar
- ¾-1 cup of milk (any type)
- A small pinch of cinnamon
- A small pinch of cardamom
- Brew a strong cup of your favourite tea(s) with 2-3 cups of hot water. Aim for twice the usual strength.
- Add the milk and sugar while the tea is still hot and stir. You may want to increase or decrease the amount to suit your taste.
- Add the pinch of cinnamon and cardamom, stirring again.
- Once the mixture cools to room temperature, pour it into a mason jar or any suitable container.
- Done! This delicious tea concentrate will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Mix 1 part concentrate with 4 parts cold water for a great iced chai.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, add a small amount of freshly chopped ginger for a spicier kick.