How to Make Chai Concentrate from Tea Bags
Making chai concentrate from tea bags is a great way to enjoy the flavor of your favorite tea. It’s also much cheaper than buying chai concentrate from the store! Here’s how to make chai concentrate from tea bags:
- 4 tea bags of your favorite type of tea (black tea works best)
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 2-3 tablespoons of white sugar (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 cup of cold water
- Put the 4 tea bags in a cup or mug, and pour the boiling water over them.
- Steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and add the sugar, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, and ginger.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the cold water and stir until combined.
Your homemade chai concentrate is now ready to enjoy. It can be served hot or over ice. It can also be used as a base for other chai recipes, like this chai latte. Enjoy!