How to Make Chai Tea Concentrate
Chai tea concentrate is a delicious and easy-to-make beverage, perfect for cold mornings or evenings by the fire. It’s also great for when you don’t have time to make a full-fledged chai tea. Here’s how to make it:
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons black tea leaves
- 3 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- In a medium pot, bring the 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Add the black tea leaves, sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg. Stir to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let the mix steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain the concentrate into a glass jar and let cool.
- Chai Tea Concentrate is ready to drink. Enjoy!
Chai Tea Concentrate can keep for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator. Dilute the concentrate with hot water or milk, if desired. This concentrate can also be used to make delicious smoothies and lattes. Enjoy your chai tea concentrate!