How to Make a Chai Tea Latte At Home
Chai Tea Latte has become a favorite in cafes and for take-away coffee. But, did you know that you can make a delicious Chai Tea Latte at home? Here are the steps:
- 1 cup of water
- 2 black tea bags
- 1-2 teaspoons of sweetener (e.g. sugar, honey, agave syrup)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom, cinnamon, and ginger
- 1 cup of milk (any type)
- Whipped cream and ground nutmeg (optional)
- Bring the cup of water to a boil, then add the tea bags and spices. Turn the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool for 3 minutes.
- In a separate pan, heat the milk until hot, but not boiling. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Strain the tea mixture into a large mug, add sweetener, and stir to combine. Pour the hot milk into the mug and stir again.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg, if desired.
- Enjoy your Chai Tea Latte!