How to Make Chai Tea
Chai tea is a type of tea made from Indian spices, milk and black tea. It’s a popular drink that can be enjoyed both hot and cold. Here is how to make chai tea at home:
- 2 tsp. of loose-leaf black tea
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamom pods
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 tsp. of freshly grated ginger
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 tsp. of sugar or honey
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until it is just about to boil.
- In a small bowl, combine the tea, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and ginger.
- Add the tea mixture to the heated milk. Stir and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer the mixture for about 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar or honey and stir until it is dissolved.
- Pour the chai tea through a strainer into a mug or cup. Enjoy your tea hot or cold!
Enjoy your homemade chai tea!