How to Make Corn Silk Tea
- 1/4 cup corn silk
- 4 cups of boiling water
- Sugar (optional)
- Gather the corn silk from a fresh ear of corn. Make sure it is clean and free of any parasites.
- Add the corn silk to 4 cups of boiling water in a heat-proof container (e.g. a teapot).
- Cover the container, and let it steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain the tea and sweeten with sugar if desired.
Benefits of Corn Silk Tea
Corn silk tea is a naturally occurring remedy with many health benefits. It is known to be rich in potassium, magnesium and fiber. Drinking this tea has been said to help with:
- Reducing inflammation
- Treating bladder infections
- Treating digestive issues
- Improving blood circulation
- Relieving menstrual cramps
- Relieving allergy symptoms
- Lowering high blood pressure
Whether you suffer from any of these conditions or just want to improve your general health, corn silk tea is definitely worth a try!