How to Make Dandelion Tea With Flowers
Dandelion tea made from fresh dandelion flowers is aromatic, mildly sweet, and full of nutrients. Not only is it a delicious drink, but it also has some potential health benefits. Here’s how to make the perfect dandelion tea with fresh dandelion flowers.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Fresh dandelion flowers
- Honey (optional)
- Gather dandelion flowers.
- Clean and sanitation are the most important steps. Wash the dandelion flowers in cool running water and discard any that look unhealthy or brown.
- In a heatproof glass jar or tea infuser, place 1-3 tablespoons of the washed dandelion flowers.
- Pour 1 cup (8 ounces) of boiling water over the flowers. You can also use an individual tea infuser or teabag if you prefer.
- Cover and let the mixture steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain the tea into a teacup and sweeten with honey, if desired.
- Enjoy the tea hot or cold.
Dandelion tea has been used for centuries to treat myriad health conditions. While more research is needed on the benefits of dandelion tea, it is believed to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, and may assist with weight loss and digestion.