How to Make Dandelion Tea with Flowers
Making dandelion tea with flowers is a great way to take advantage of the natural medicinal properties of this common plant. Not only is it a tasty beverage, but it can also help with many ailments. Plus, with a few simple ingredients, you can easily make this delectable tea at home.
- Fresh dandelion flowers
- 2-3 tablespoons of honey
- 3-4 cups of water
- Prepare the Dandelion Flowers: Rinse the flowers in cool water then spread them out on a plate and break off the bitter stemmed parts of the flowers.
- Place Flowers and Water in Pot: Combine the dandelion flowers and 2-3 cups of filtered water in a pot on the stove.
- Bring to Boil: Heat the mixture on medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to Simmer: Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain: Strain the tea through a fine mesh sieve into a heat-safe container.
- Add Honey: Stir in 2-3 tablespoons of honey to sweeten and add flavor.
- Enjoy: Pour the tea into a mug and enjoy!
Making dandelion tea with fresh flowers is a simple yet satisfying way to enjoy this unique flavor. Plus, all the myriad health benefits of dandelion tea make it even more appealing to drink. Give it a try for a delicious and refreshing beverage that’s also good for you!