How To Make Epazote Tea
Epazote tea is a traditional Mexican herbal drink made from the leaves of the epazote plant. The tea has a distinct flavor and has long been known for its many health benefits, such as aiding digestion, reducing inflammation, and providing relief from cramps and nausea. With its unique flavor and health benefits, making epazote tea is a great way to enjoy a traditional beverage.
- 2 tablespoons of Epazote leaves
- 6 cups of hot, filtered water
- A pinch of honey (optional)
- Bring 6 cups of hot, filtered water to a boil in a medium pot or tea kettle.
- Add 2 tablespoons of epazote leaves per cup of water and reduce the heat to a low simmer.
- Let the mixture simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain the tea into a mug or cup and discard the leaves.
- For a slightly sweeter flavor, add a pinch of honey.
Epazote tea has a unique flavor, that is slightly bitter but also slightly sweet. It is a great way to enjoy a traditional herbal beverage with many health benefits. Enjoy this delicious tea and reap the health benefits of this amazing plant!