Essiac Tea Recipe
What you’ll need:
- 2 ounces of burdock root
- 2 ounces of Sheep sorrel herb
- 1 ounce of Slippery elm bark
- 1 ounce of Turkey Rhubarb root
- 6 ounces of Distilled water
- 2 tablespoons of fresh Lemon juice
- Start by boiling the 6 ounces of distilled water in a medium-sized pot.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and add in the 2 ounces of burdock root, 2 ounces of Sheep sorrel herb, 1 ounce of Slippery elm bark and 1 ounce of Turkey Rhubarb root.
- Cover pot and allow herbs to simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow the herbs to steep in the pot, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Strain the tea into a glass container.
- Add 2 tablespoons of fresh Lemon juice.
- Cover the container and place in refrigerator to cool. Your homemade Essiac tea is now ready to drink.
Enjoy your Essiac Tea!
Essiac tea is a popular herbal tea that is believed to have many health benefits. It is made from four common herbs and is considered to be a good way to detoxify the body and improve overall wellbeing. Making this tea is not difficult and requires only a few ingredients along with some time. Follow these simple steps and enjoy a cup of homemade Essiac tea.