How to make Fennel Tea
Fennel tea is a popular herbal tea with a mild licorice flavor that is both refreshing and soothing. Not only is it tasty, but many cultures around the world traditionally view fennel tea as being an aid to digestion, and many believe that it helps to reduce gas and bloating, as well as being beneficial to overall digestive and respiratory health. Here’s how to brew the perfect cup of fennel tea:
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 1 cup of boiling water
- Crush the fennel seeds, either with a mortar & pestle or by placing them in a zip-lock bag and crushing them with a rolling pin.
- Bring one cup of water to a boil.
- Add the crushed fennel seeds to the boiling water and allow to steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea into a cup and enjoy!
Fennel tea can be enjoyed plain, or you can add a bit of honey or lemon for added flavor. Fennel tea can also be stored for up to a week in the refrigerator and reheated for later enjoyment.
So why not give a cup of fennel tea a try? Not only will you enjoy a refreshing and delicious beverage, but you might just find it beneficial to your overall health, too!