How to Make Fennel Tea
Fennel tea has a mild and refreshing taste and is full of health benefits. It can help soothe symptoms of nausea, indigestion, and flatulence, and also help reduce bloating and water retention. Here is a simple guide on how to make fennel tea for yourself at home.
Ingredients & Supplies
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 1 cup of water
- A saucepan
- A tea strainer, or a reusable tea bag
- Bring a cup of water to the boil in the saucepan.
- Once boiling, add the teaspoon of fennel seeds.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Take off the heat and let the tea steep for 5 minutes, or longer if a stronger cup of tea is preferred.
- Strain the tea into a cup and enjoy!
- Adding honey – Honey makes a great addition to fennel tea. A teaspoon or two of honey brings out the natural sweetness of the fennel and also adds another layer of health benefits.
- Using a reusable tea bag – You can purchase a reusable tea bag or infuser to make the tea-making process easier. With a reusable tea bag, you don’t need to strain the tea after steeping. However, with the evidence of microplastics in the ocean, consider opting for a reusable metal or glass tea infuser instead.
- Adding other ingredients – Fennel pairs well with other herbs, spices and plants. Try adding anise, ginger, and/or cardamom for an extra flavor kick!