How to Make Fresh Ginger Tea
Ginger tea is a delicious and comforting drink that can be easily made at home with just a few ingredients. It’s a great way to warm up during colder months, and it may even have some health benefits. Here’s how to make your own fresh ginger tea.
- 100 grams fresh ginger root
- 1.5 liters of water
- Optional: honey, lemon, or other natural sweeteners
- Peel the ginger root and cut it into thin slices to expose as much of the root as possible. You can chop it into pieces if you prefer a stronger drink.
- Bring the water to a boil in a pot, then add the slices of ginger.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. The more ginger you used, the stronger the tea will be.
- Strain the tea into a mug or cup, discarding the ginger slices.
- If desired, add sweetener to taste. Honey, lemon, and other natural sweeteners work well.
- Enjoy your fresh ginger tea!
Note: When selecting fresh ginger root, look for firm, plump pieces. Avoid roots that are soft or have any signs of mold. For best results, store ginger root in an airtight container in the refrigerator.