How to Make Garlic Tea for Urinary Tract Infections
Garlic is a potent medicinal herb that can help your body to fight urinary tract infections (UTIs). In particular, garlic tea is a simple and effective home remedy for UTIs that can help to reduce symptoms and even completely cure a UTI. Here’s how to make and use garlic tea for UTIs.
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of water
- Optional: 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of honey
- Bring the water to a boil and turn off the heat.
- Add the minced garlic to the hot water and cover.
- Allow the garlic to sit in the hot water for 10 minutes.
- Strain the garlic tea and add the optional lemon juice and honey.
- Drink the garlic tea while it’s still warm.
How Often to Drink Garlic Tea
It’s recommended to drink 1-2 cups of garlic tea per day for best results. For mild UTIs, drinking garlic tea for 3-4 days should be enough to feel relief from the symptoms. For more severe UTIs, you may need to drink garlic tea for up to 10 days.
If you have any concerns or questions about using garlic tea as a remedy for UTIs it’s best to consult your doctor before proceeding.