How to Make Ginger Tea for Constipation Relief
Ginger has been a known remedy for digestion-related issues for centuries and is still a very popular modern-day cure for constipation. Following this simple recipe for ginger tea can help you to relieve your bloated, uncomfortable constipation in no time.
- 3 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of fresh, chopped ginger root
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- (Optional) 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Bring three cups of water to a boil.
- Add in the chopped ginger root, stirring it into the water.
- Let the mixture simmer for five minutes.
- Turn the heat off and add honey and lemon juice (optional).
- Strain the mixture into a mug and enjoy!
Ginger tea is more effective when consumed on an empty stomach, before or after meals. It is also best not to have anything further for at least 45 minutes after drinking the tea in order to let the tea do its work. Make sure to drink the ginger tea regularly until your constipation improves.