Ginger Tea for Dogs
Ginger tea can be an excellent way of providing your dog with much needed nourishment and comfort. It is usually made by mixing a teaspoon of fresh, grated ginger with one cup of boiling water for each teaspoon of ginger.
Ginger tea helps in relieving stomach discomfort, vomiting, motion sickness, and flatulence. It contains antioxidants that help fight off infection and strengthen the immune system. In addition, ginger has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation, joint pain, and can help protect against some types of cancer.
- Grate 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger root using a cheese grater.
- Bring one cup of water to a boil.
- Place the grated ginger in an infuser and place in the boiling water.
- Let the ginger steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea and discard the ginger.
- Let the tea cool and mix it with your dog’s food or give it to them as a treat.
It is important to consult your veterinarian before giving your dog ginger tea, as it may interact with some medications and supplements and can be harmful in large doses.