How To Make Ginger Tea For Gas Relief
Ginger tea is a popular beverage and remedy for gas relief. It’s flavor is both spicy and warming, and helps to soothe muscles and aid digestion. Many cultures have used ginger tea to improve digestive issues, and it has a long history of being used as an herbal remedy. Here are the steps to make your own ginger tea at home.
- 1inch (2.5cm) peeled fresh ginger root, grate against the grain
- 2 cups (500ml) Water
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) Honey
- Grate the peeled ginger by taking the ginger root and grating it against the grain. Grating against the grain helps to unlock the juicy goodness of the ginger root!
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pot.
- Once boiled, turn off the heat and add the grated ginger.
- Cover the pot and allow to steep for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain the tea into a mug.
- Add honey to sweeten, if desired.
- Enjoy your ginger tea!
- If you want to make a larger batch, double the recipe and keep in the fridge for up to 8 hours.
- You can use your ginger tea to make iced teas, lattes or smoothies.
- Ginger tea is believed to reduce inflammation, ease muscle aches and relieve gas.
- It is best to make ginger tea immediately after grinding as the flavor can dissipate quickly.
Ginger tea is a great way to make a delicious cup of tea, while also getting its incredible health benefits. As always, be sure to speak with a qualified healthcare professional before using any herbal remedies. Enjoy your ginger tea and its many benefits!