How to Make Ginger Tea For a Sore Throat
Brewing ginger tea is an excellent remedy for soothing a sore throat. It has anti-inflammatory properties, can reduce nausea, and can relieve general throat discomforts. Here are the steps to get you started brewing your own ginger tea at home:
Steps for Making Ginger Tea for a Sore Throat
- Gather your ingredients: fresh ginger root, water, and your sweetener of choice (like honey or agave nectar).
- Peel and grate the ginger. You’ll need about 1 ½ – 2 teaspoons of freshly grated ginger.
- Put the grated ginger into a tea infuser and place it in a mug.
- Bring a cup of water to a boil. Remove from heat and pour over the infuser.
- Let the tea steep for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the infuser and add a teaspoon of honey or agave nectar.
- Stir and enjoy your ginger tea!
Tip: Using freshly grated ginger is key to unlocking the medicinal benefits of the tea, so don’t be tempted to use pre-ground ginger powder instead!