How to Make Ginger Tea for Sore Throat
Ginger is an excellent home remedy to ease a sore throat. Making ginger tea is a simple and comforting way to make use of this natural remedy. Here is how to make ginger tea for sore throat.
- Ginger root (1/2 inch)
- Water (2 cups)
- Cinnamon powder (optional)
- Honey (to taste)
- Peel the ginger: Peel 1/2 an inch of fresh ginger root with a vegetable peeler.
- Grate the ginger: Grate the peeled ginger root into fine pieces.
- Put the ginger in a pot: Place the grated ginger in a pot with 2 cups of water.
- Boil the water: Place the pot on the stove and bring the water to a boil.
- Let the infusion steep: Lower the heat and let the ginger tea steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain the tea: Strain the tea and discard the solids.
- Sweeten the tea (optional): Add honey to the ginger tea, if desired.
- Drink the tea: Let the tea cool slightly and then drink it slowly.
- If you do not have fresh ginger, you can use ground ginger instead.
- You can also add a pinch of cinnamon powder to the tea for added flavor.
- Drink 2-3 cups of this ginger tea to help ease sore throat.