How to Make Ginger Tea from Fresh Ginger
Ginger tea is a delicious, healthy beverage enjoyed around the world. It is warm and soothing, making it a perfect accompaniment for a variety of occasions. Not only does it smell and taste amazing, it is packed with antioxidants and can help to fight sickness. Here is a basic guide to making ginger tea from fresh ginger root.
- 1 cup of freshly chopped ginger
- 2 cups of water
- Honey, lemon or other flavorings
- Chop the ginger into small pieces. The size of the pieces will depend on the strength of flavor you desire.
- Bring two cups of water to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Add the chopped ginger to the boiling water and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer the ginger and water for about 10 minutes.
- Strain the liquid into a mug. If a stronger flavor is desired, use a cheesecloth.
- Sweeten with honey, lemon, or any other desired flavorings.
- Enjoy the ginger tea warm or cold.
Making ginger tea from fresh ginger root is easy and healthful. With just a few simple ingredients, you can enjoy the wonderful aroma and flavor in no time. Try different flavorings, like honey or lemon, for different variations of this traditional and powerful beverage.