How to make Ginger Tea from the root
Ginger tea is a delicious, warming and comforting aromatic beverage, made with freshly-grated ginger root.
Here’s how to make a ginger tea from the root:
- Peel the fresh ginger root and dice it into thin slices.
- Add the ginger root slices to a pot with 2 cups of water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil on medium-high heat
- Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat and strain the tea into a cup.
- If desired, add sweetener like honey or turbinado (raw) sugar.
Note: In order to make the tea stronger, you can also add more slices of ginger root.
Additional ways for making ginger tea:
- You can also add other herbs such as lemongrass for a citrusy flavor and mint for a hint of sweetness.
- You can also boil the water and steep the ginger root instead of boiling it.
- It is recommended to add 1 teaspoon ground ginger per cup of tea.
Ginger tea is not only tasty but also has numerous health benefits as it helps to keep your digestive system healthy, reduce inflammation, relieve stress, prevent nausea and a lot more. So, enjoy this aromatic beverage whenever you feel like it and stay healthy!