How To Make Ginger Tea From Root
Ginger Tea is an approriate beverage for calming both mind and body. Its aroma alone is said to bring a feeling of contentment and relaxation. With that said, let’s learn how to make this soothing tea using ginger root.
What You Will Need
- Freshly Grated Ginger Root, 2 Tablespoons
- Honey, 2 Tablespoons (Optional)
- Water, 4 Cups
- Citrus, 1/4 Cup (Optional)
- Tea Bag (Optional)
- Grate the Ginger Root – Peel and grate 2 tablespoons of freshly grated ginger root.
- Bring the Water to a Boil – Place the grated ginger root into a pot and add 4 cups of water. Heat the pot evenly over medium-high heat until the water begins to boil, then reduce the heat to low-medium.
- Steep the Tea – Let the mixture steep for 10 minutes. If adding a teabag, add it now.
- Strain the Tea – Strain the tea through a strainer into a cup.
- Add Sweetener and Citrus – Add 2 tablespoons of honey, or other sweetener of your choice, if desired. You can also add 1/4 cup of citrus such as orange or lemon slices for additional flavor. Stir and enjoy the tea warm.
Making ginger tea from root is an easy and soothing process. This recipe has been softened sweetened with honey, but you can also forego the sweetener should you choose. You can also add a tea bag or herbs of your choosing for a more complex flavor. Finally, don’t forget the comforting benefits of adding a bit of citrus!