Ginger Tea: How to Make it with Fresh Ginger Root
Ginger is a popular root with a unique flavor that can be brewed into a delicious tea. Here’s how to make ginger tea with fresh ginger root:
- One 2-inch piece of fresh ginger root
- 1 cup of water
- Honey (optional)
- Clean the ginger: Peel the outer layer of the ginger root. Use a spoon or a knife to scoop off the thin skin.
- Slice the ginger: Slice the ginger into thin disks, about 1/8-inch thick.
- Bring the water to a boil: Place the water in a pot and heat it up until it boils.
- Add the ginger to the boiling water: Once boiling, reduce the heat and add the sliced ginger disks to the water.
- Let it simmer: Let the ginger tea simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain the tea: Strain the tea into a cup using a sieve.
- Add honey: If desired, sweeten your tea with honey.
- Enjoy your ginger tea: Sip your hot ginger tea and enjoy!
That’s it! With this simple recipe, you can make yourself a cup of delicious ginger tea with fresh ginger root. Happy brewing!