Go Herbal with Delicious Homemade Teas
Whether you’re looking to explore new flavors, soothe an upset stomach, or deal with allergies, homemade herbal teas can provide you with a tasty and natural solution appropriate for your needs. Uncover the possibilities with this simple guide on how to make herbal teas.
Gather Your Supplies
Before you get brewing, it’s important to make sure that you have all the supplies you need. These items can usually be found easily at a grocery store or health food store.
- An herb of your choice (loose or bagged)
- A heat-proof cup or teapot
- A mesh strainer
- A hot water heater (such as a kettle or pot)
- Honey or other sweetener, if desired
Pick Your Herb
The type of herb that you choose will depend on the flavor you prefer and the herbal health benefits you desire. Some popular herbal teas include:
- Lemon balm
- Raspberry leaf
Brew the Tea
Now that you have all of your supplies, it’s time to bring them together and brew your tea.
- Add 1 teaspoon of herbs to your cup or teapot.
- Pour 8 oz. of boiling water into the cup or teapot.
- Let the tea steep for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea into a clean cup using the mesh strainer.
- Sweeten with honey, if desired.
Store it Right
If you have any extra herbal tea left over, be sure to store it properly. Herbal teas should be stored in a cool, dry place in an airtight container. Storing your tea this way will help to preserve the herbal flavors and health benefits for up to two weeks.
Take Tea Time to a Whole New Level
When you make your own herbal teas, you can explore a variety of flavors and discover the natural health benefits that come with each sip. With this guide for how to make herbal teas, you can turn your next tea time into a refreshing and invigorating experience!