Hibiscus Tea with Fresh Flowers
- 2 tablespoons dried hibiscus flowers
- 6 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of rose hip powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom pods
- 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint leaves
- Place 2 tablespoons of dried hibiscus flowers in a medium sized pan. Pour 6 cups of water over the flowers.
- Bring the water to a boil, and let the flowers simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Strain the mixture, and press down on the flowers to get any remaining liquid out.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of rose hip powder, 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom pods, 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of fresh mint leaves to the liquid.
- Stir the mixture together, and let it cool.
- Serve the hibiscus tea with fresh flowers.
Nourishing and delicious, this hibiscus tea with fresh flowers makes a wonderful summer beverage. With its fragrant aroma and subtle hint of rose hip and cardamom, this tea is sure to become a family favorite. Enjoy!