How to Make Homemade Chai Tea
- 2 ½ cups (600 ml) water
- 3 ½ teaspoons black tea leaves
- 2 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 2 star anise
- 2 cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 3–4 teaspoons sugar, or to taste
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) milk
- Step 1: In a medium saucepan, bring 2 ½ cups (600 ml) water to a gentle boil over medium-high heat.
- Step 2: Add the tea leaves, cardamom, star anise, cloves, and cinnamon stick. Stir to combine, then reduce the heat to low.
- Step 3: Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Step 4: Strain the mixture into a saucepan. Add the sugar and milk. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a gentle boil.
- Step 5: Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Step 6: Strain the chai tea into two mugs or teacups. Serve hot.
Homemade chai tea is a delicious and easy to make drink that is perfect for the cold winter months. With the right ingredients and a few simple steps, you can enjoy a comforting cup of chai. Enjoy!