How to Make Homemade Chai Tea
Making chai tea from scratch is quite an easy task and can add a certain zest to your morning coffee. The spices and flavors involved are enchanting and it’s easy to customize the recipe to your exact taste. Let’s look into an easy recipe and instructions on how to make this delicious treat.
- 2 cups water
- 2 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 4 black peppercorns
- 4 cardamom pods
- 2 pieces of ginger
- 2 tablespoons tea leaves (black tea or Assam)
- 1/4 cup condensed milk or sweetened condensed milk
- Step 1: In a small pan on medium heat, add the water and bring it to a boil.
- Step 2: Add in the cloves, cinnamon stick, black peppercorns and cardamom pods and reduce the heat to low.
- Step 3: Peel and grate the ginger and add it to the pan, stirring to combine all the ingredients.
- Step 4: Add the tea leaves to the pan and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Step 5: Strain the mixture into a cup and add the sweetened condensed milk.
- Step 6: Finally, stir to mix all the flavors together, and enjoy.
- You can also add honey or sugar to your chai tea for an extra sweet taste.
- You can adjust the ingredients to your taste, some people like to add more ginger or black pepper for a spicier taste.
- You can also substitute the tea leaves with other teas such as green tea or herbal tea.
Making chai tea from scratch can be a pretty unique experience, and it’s a great way to indulge in the flavors of chai. Have fun experimenting and creating your own variation of this delicious drink. Enjoy!